tirsdag den 26. april 2011

Borneo

A boat, the shape and almost size of a banana, is leading us up the small rivers in Borneo. Our guide has just informed us that a crocodile at 4,5 meters has been spotted in the water days ago. Am i scared? NO, terrified ! On land by the houses, kids are running and playing near the river - some are even swimming while the women are washing clothes in the water. AND REMEMBER, A BIG CROCODILE HAS BEEN SEEN! But I guess that how everyday is for them. All kinds of wild animals lives in the jungle. And I do envy them, for living such an amazing place with great nature and wildlife, but I fear for their lives too - and my own while sitting in the boat! We did'nt see any crocodiles that day, but the most amazing creatures - monkies, only a few meters away from us. I gotta tell you, I thougth I was looking at a bunch of human beings. They teased each other, hugged and performed for the audience looking at them. One even sat in a corner, looked like he was lonely. I was surprised how big the equality was, but again, genetically we look alike about 99 %. Borneo is an amazing place, I defintly would like to visit again, but I gotta warn you, you most defintly will meet the worst kind of animals: The mosquitoes, who clouds around your head the entire time you're out in the dark, and sometimes I still hear a zum-sound. And in bed in your room, you'll never sleep alone. The small lizards seek towards light, and if your door is open for just a sec, a lizard is in. We had one in our room - I named him Hannibal, you know, so we weren't strangers. (:








Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar